Harvest is just around the corner, which means it's time to get your InnoVint account set up and ready for incoming fruit! Below you will find a checklist of some things you can do today to prepare. Click on the links for for more information and instructions.
1. Set up your Harvest Settings (Admins only)
- Receive Fruit options: Choose between the default Simple Receive Fruit action and the Advanced Receive Fruit action with InnoVint-generated weigh tags
To reset the starting weigh tag number for 2020, see this article: Setting and editing Weigh Tag settings.
- Set the Expected Yield (gal/ton) per variety
2. Enter all of your Vineyard sources
Now is a great time to enter in any new vineyard sources and also to edit any details and attributes of your current vineyards and blocks. (Tip: Adding the acreage and yield to each block helps generate the Vintage Variability Report)
3. Enter all of your new vessels
The pre-harvest rush isn't complete without a truck-load of deliveries! Including new barrels! Enter your new vessels into the system now to stay ahead of the game.
4. Create and save your Custom Winemaking Reports
Custom Winemaking Reports allow you to tailor an analysis report to your specific needs. You can set filters and add analyses that are then saved for reference later.
4. Create and save your Custom Vineyard Reports
With the Advanced Vineyard Tracking feature, Custom Vineyard Reports allow you to tailor an analysis report for tracking vineyard analysis per block. You can set filters and add analyses that are then saved for reference later.
5. Activate add-on features
- InnoVint's new Advanced Vineyard Tracking feature is now available!
- Additive Batch Tracking and Additions Calculator: Never run out of yeast or nutrients again! The Additive Batch Tracking and Additions Calculator can help you keep track of your harvest additions, make calculations based on editable default rates, and manage your additive inventory in real-time.
- InnoVint's other add-on features can be billed on a month-by-month basis, allowing you to activate a feature for the short-term, when you will use it the most.
- ETS Integration: Consider activating the ETS Integration feature during harvest to simplify and streamline sampling and eliminate manual data entry.
- Start tracking costs from fruit intake through to bottle with the Cost Tracking feature.
- Owner-based Permissions System: Use the Owner-based Permissions System to manage custom crush clients, allowing you to grant limited access to owners and freeing you from the constant daily analysis and progress updates. Owners can log in and view their lots - and only their lots! - and with 4 different capability options in InnoVint, you can control their access and involvement in the process.
Add-on feature pricing is variable. Contact our Sales Manager, Kathy, at email@example.com for more information.
6. Update add-on features
- Advanced Vineyard Tracking: Enter all your vineyard contracts and update your grower details. Make sure your crop estimates and forecasted harvest dates are accurate and up-to-date, and start entering your vineyard maturity data to track block-by-block. Remember - this data is saved over time and allows you to track vintage variability year over year!
- Cost Tracking: Set costs for vineyard blocks and additives before harvest to track starting costs from the very beginning. **If using the Advanced Vineyard Tracking feature, costs entered in contracts will apply to fruit received. Any costs set or edited elsewhere will update the contract details.**
- Additive Batch Tracking and Additions Calculator: Add new additives and batches, update current on-hand inventory, and set default rates before harvest begins.
- Owner-based Permissions System: Request to add or update any new bonds and update owner tags for vineyard sources, new barrels, and additives.
7. Set up your Anton Paar DMA to export data
Many wineries use the Anton Paar DMA to measure Brix in the cellar and lab. Configure your device to save the data for your fermenting lots and then spit it out into a handy-dandy csv file. You can then take that csv file and upload it directly into InnoVint via the Analysis Import feature, saving you time and eliminating data entry mistakes.
Fruit lots are vintage-specific lots to help you plan and track fruit from the vineyard to the crush pad. Create your Fruit lots to begin recording vintage maturity analysis and track vineyard activities with Custom Actions. ** The Advanced Vineyard Tracking feature allows you to track vineyard events and analysis block-by-block, year-over-year. Accounts with Advanced Vineyard Tracking no longer need to create fruit lots prior to scheduling fruit intake.**
Use work orders and templates to plan and schedule incoming fruit... for tomorrow or next week! If things change closer to your harvest date (and they always do!), drag-and-drop those work orders from within the calendar.
The 2019 Harvest Webinar can be found HERE in our Community Forums under Webinars and Tutorials.