InnoVint manages all of the Dry Goods and Liquid Solutions that you add to your wine from fruit to bottle. This article will cover how to create and receive additives into inventory:
- Step 1: Select or create a new product
- Step 2: Select or create a new batch
- Step 3: Enter amount received and costs
- Step 4: Enter purchase and delivery details
To create and receive new additive or packaging inventory, click on the blue +Receive Additive or +Receive Packaging button in the top right corner of the Additive Explorer. This will open a slideover to receive a product.
You can also access this slideover by clicking on the blue "Receive more" text in the top right corner of the product and batch details pages.
Step 1: Select or Create a New Product
- Select an existing additive or packaging item from the dropdown list, or
- To create a new additive product, click the blue +Add new product button
Creating a new additive product
- Product type: Select an option from the dropdown. If you do not see a type listed, select "Custom/Other".
- Product name: Use the text field to enter a product name, something descriptive that will allow you to identify it.
Custom Crush Clients: Each Additive added to an account requires a unique Product name. This system rule will prevent multiple clients at a facility from entering the same product name for an additive. (i.e. Two owners cannot both have an additive named Go-Ferm in the same facility account.) Contact an Admin at your facility for instructions on how to name your additives in InnoVint.
- Manufacturer: Enter the manufacturer name as simple text. This field is optional.
- Default Vendor: Select your preferred vendor for this product from the dropdown list. This field is optional. Note: If your vendor does not appear in the dropdown list, email email@example.com and we can add it for you.
If your product type is Sulfur Dioxide -
- SO2 form: Select if your product is in dry, liquid, or tablet form.
- For Dry and Liquid SO2, enter the concentration.
- Inventory Unit: how you want to track this product in inventory, typically the unit in which you receive from the manufacturer - i.e. cases
- Addition Unit: the unit you use to add this additive to your lots and vessels (additives only)
- Individual Item: the individual item that is used when packaging is applied - i.e. bottles (packaging only)
- Default number of items per inventory unit: default number of items per unit - i.e. 12 bottles per case (packaging only)
Custom Units: If the unit in which you measure your additive is not included in the dropdown list, select Custom. This automatically sets your Addition Unit to the same. Using Custom units will deactivate the Addition Calculator.
WARNING: The Inventory Unit, Addition Unit and Individual Item cannot be edited once a product is created. To change the Inventory Unit and/or Addition Unit, a new product will need to be created in the account.
Default addition rate
For other product types:
- Enter an addition rate, if applicable. This can be edited or disregarded later within the Addition action if needed. You can also leave this blank if a rate is not applicable to your additive. Without a default addition rate, the additive calculator is deactivated.
Tip: For Additives with variable addition rates (e.g. acids, SO2, etc.), enter a non-real rate (ex. 0.0001) to keep the additive calculator activated in the Addition action. This can serve as an indicator that the rate is variable and is adjustable within the action to determine the calculation.
- (Optional) Enter any instructions to include in Addition tasks and actions when working with this additive. This can be edited each time this additive is loaded into an action or task.
- (Optional) Enter any Tags or select Owners (if applicable).
- (Optional) Enter any Notes that you would like to populate the Product details page.
Step 2: Select or create a new batch
Multiple batches can be tracked within a single additive or packaging product.
- Select an existing batch from the dropdown list, or
- To create a new batch, click the blue +Add new batch button
Creating a new batch
- Default Vendor: Select your preferred vendor for this particular batch. This field is optional. Note: If your vendor does not appear in the drop-down list, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add it for you.
- Mfg. batch ID: Enter the batch ID as provided from the manufacturer.
- Batch name: This field will auto-fill with the Mfg. batch ID, but can be edited to a proprietary batch name. The batch name is displayed as the primary identifier in the Additive Explorer and batch selection dropdown within Addition actions and work orders.
- Expiration date: This is an optional field (additives only).
- Tags: Enter any tags you would like to save with this batch.
- Notes: Enter any notes you would like to save to the Batch details page.
Step 3: Enter amount received and costs
- Amount or Units received: Enter the total amount received to add to inventory. If receiving into an existing batch, this value will be added to your current on hand amount. Note: The amount received unit is determined by the product inventory unit.
- Total cost: Enter the cost of the inventory received (if applicable). Note: If this value is not known at the time that this action is submitted, it can be edited at a later time. So if you're still waiting on that invoice, you can leave this blank for now. When the action is edited, all related additions will update to reflect the change of costs.
- Number of items per inventory unit: This defaults from the product details, but can be updated for this particular receive action (packaging only).
Step 4: Enter purchase and delivery details
- Vendor, PO number, Carrier, Driver, and Purchase date are optional.
- Notes: Enter any notes you would like to save on the Receive Dry Good action.
- Backdate action: Backdate the action if applicable. Note: We recommend backdating your Receive Dry Good action to before any Addition or Bottle actions will be recorded on this batch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the difference between vendors on Products, Batches, and Receive Additive actions?
A. A default vendor can be set on both Products and Batches. The default vendor of a Batch does not need to match the default vendor of a Product. A special use case may include a scenario in which Vendor A is your primary vendor for KMBS, but on occasion you also purchase small amounts of KMBS from Vendor B. Vendor A and Vendor B might sell different batches of KMBS (ie different manufacturers and/or batch IDs), therefore you can set different default vendors for each batch separately.
A vendor can also be selected within a Receive Additive action. The vendor in a Receive Additive action does not need to match the vendor of the Product or Batch. A special use case may include a scenario in which you make a one-off purchase of KMBS from Vendor X. Vendor X sells the same batch of KMBS as Vendor B, which you already have in inventory. In this case, the default vendor of the batch is still Vendor B, but the vendor of this particular purchase is Vendor X.
Remember that vendor selections are always optional, and can be edited at any time. InnoVint provides this flexibility to allow you to better track you additive purchase history and easily reference your preferred vendors when it's time to make another order!
If your vendor is missing from the list, email email@example.com to get it added.