Creating work orders in InnoVint allows you to plan and schedule winery tasks to be assigned and distributed to your team for completion. Work orders can be created from InnoVint's web interface and accessed and completed from a computer or tablet or in the InnoVint mobile app. You also have the option to print work orders from within the platform.
This article covers:
- Quick guide to Work Orders in InnoVint
- The Work Order Explorer
- Create a New Work Order
- Work Order Status and History
- Task Status and History
- Completing and Submitting Individual Tasks and Work Orders
Quick guide to Work Orders in InnoVint
- To access the Work Order Explorer, go to the Work Orders tab in the left side navigation bar.
- The Work Order Explorer lists all work orders created in the account and can be filtered by various attributes. Created and submitted work orders will also display in the Calendar.
- Click the + Create Work Order button in the upper right corner of the Work Order Explorer to start a new work order request, or click on the caret arrow to start from a saved work order template.
- Work orders are given a title and allow you to add one or more tasks, select an assignee, and set a due date.
- Once created, there are 4 work order stages: Not started, Started, Completed, and Submitted.
- Work order and task histories provide insight and detail about status changes and edits.
- Work order submission options allow you to select how to submit tasks in relation to effective at dates and times.
The Work Order Explorer
The Work Order Explorer lists all work orders created in the account. Click on any row to open and access the work order details page.
There are 4 tabs at the top of the Work Order Explorer.
- All open - This is a complete list of all open work orders in the account.
- My open - This tab only lists open work orders that are assigned to you.
- All submitted - This is a complete list of all submitted work orders in the account.
- All - This is a complete list of all open and submitted work orders in the account.
The Work Order Explorer can be filtered for specific attributes.
- Name - This search field allows you to search for specific text in work order titles, as well as by work order ID. (Note: Filtering for ID requires the full ID number. Partial ID search will not return results.)
- Tasks - This dropdown filter will return work orders that contain any of the selected tasks.
- Owner - Search for work order by owner (Available in accounts with Custom Crush Permissions activated)
- Assigned to - Find work orders by assignee
- Due by - Filter for work orders that are due on or before a selected date
Click on column headers to sort the Work Order Explorer by title, due date, assigned to, created date, assigned by, and owner (if applicable).
Create a Work Order
Click on the + Create Work Order button in the top right corner to start a new work order. You can also click on the caret arrow on the right side of the button to access a dropdown list to select from saved templates.
Create a New Work Order
Clicking on the + Create Work Order button will open a blank "Create Work Order" page.
This field is required. Use any text or special characters to create a title that you and your team can use as a reference.
Click on + Add task to select an action type from the dropdown. You can add multiple tasks in a single work order.
To rearrange the order of tasks, click on the 4 gray horizontal lines in the top left corner of the task, then drag and drop the task in your preferred order.
Save as template
Click on Save as template to create a new template or replace an existing template. Learn more about work order templates HERE .
Load saved template
Click on Load saved template to select from your list of saved templates. Learn more about work order templates HERE .
A work order must be assigned to a winery member. Work orders can be reassigned at any time after work order creation.
The due date will default to the current date. To schedule work orders for the future, select a new date.
For accounts with Custom Crush Permissions activated. Apply one or more owners to your work order, or mark it as global. Winery members with access to any of the applied owner tags will have access to all tasks and details within the work order.
Create recurring work orders
Mark the box to create recurring work orders if you would like to duplicate the work order and schedule at specific intervals. Learn more about recurring work orders HERE .
Create Work Order
Once your work order has been filled out - from entering a title to the addition of tasks (and entering task details) to assigning and selecting a due date - click on Create Work Order to make it official!
Work Order Status and History
InnoVint tracks the status and history of your work orders.
Work Order Status
Work orders can be in 1 of 4 statuses.
From left to right:
- Open - No tasks within the work order have been started
- Started - At least one task within the work order has been started
- Completed - All tasks within the work order have been completed
- Submitted - All tasks within the work order have been either completed or skipped and the work order has been submitted successfully
Work Order History
Click on Work order history in the work order header to display a list of work order activity, with details such as the type of activity, date and time, who made the change, and links to the specific task or details of the change.
The dropdown will list the following activities:
- Work Order created
- Work Order started - first task in the work order was started
- Work order completed - last task in the work order was completed
- Work order uncompleted - a task was uncompleted after all tasks were completed
- Work order due date changed
- Work order reassigned
- Task started - each task started
- Task completed - each task completed
- Task uncompleted - a task was uncompleted after being completed
- Task completed at updated - a task completion date and time were edited
- Task added - a new task was added to a created work order
- Task skipped - a task was skipped
- Task unskipped - a previously skipped task was reopened
Task Status and History
InnoVint tracks the status and history of each task within a work order.
Task status follows the same basic rules as work order status - open, started, and completed. Tasks also have the added status of 'skipped'. InnoVint tracks when a task is started and completed, and will calculate the time to complete.
Task History & Editing Completed Date
Click on Task History in the task header to display a list of task activity:
- Completed at updated - task completion date and time were edited
After a task has been completed, you will have the option to edit the completed date and time. Scroll to the bottom of the Task History dropdown and click on Edit completed date to update.
Note: If a task is uncompleted and then completed after editing the completed date, the date edit will no longer be effective and the new completed date will be used. But not to worry! - you can edit the completed date again!
Completing and Submitting Individual Tasks and Work Orders
A work order consists of one or more individual tasks. Each task can be submitted individually, or the entire work order can be submitted as per your selected submission option (see options below).
Individual Task Submission
Only completed tasks can be submitted. Once completed, the blue, Submit task button will appear on the far right of the task. From here you can edit your submission option and submit the individual task, or cancel.
When a task is submitted within a work order, all other dependent tasks (ex. subsequent volume transfers into the same tank) will update to display the submitted volumes and vessels. Use this feature when you are filling the same vessel across multiple tasks, or when an addition task relies on an accurate tank measurement from a previous task.
Work Order Submission
All tasks within a work order must be completed, skipped, and/or individually submitted before the work order is considered complete and can be submitted as a whole. Submitting a work order (by clicking the green, Submit work order button in the bottom right corner) will submit all tasks that are not skipped or already individually submitted.
Note: If all other tasks in a work order are skipped or individually submitted, InnoVint will automatically close the work order at the time that the last task is skipped.
Submission options for tasks and work orders
There are 3 flexible options for submitting individual tasks and work orders.
Account admins can go to Settings > Work order submission to set the default behavior for the account. These options apply to individual task submission as well as work order submission. Options can also be changed per task or work order as needed.
- Submit tasks as of now - Individual tasks will be recorded and effective as of the current date and time. If submitting the entire work order, tasks are submitted sequentially from the top of the work order to the bottom for the purpose of vessel and volume dependencies.
- Submit tasks as of a specific date and time - Individual tasks will be recorded and effective as of the selected date and time. If submitting the entire work order, tasks are submitted sequentially from the top of the work order to the bottom for the purpose of vessel and volume dependencies.
- Submit tasks as of task completion - Individual tasks will be recorded and effective as of the date and time of each task completion. The date and time of task completion will respect any edits to the task completion date (See Task History & Editing Completed Date above).