If you are onboarding your lot inventory into InnoVint, you may notice that there are two (2) different types of lots to choose from: Juice/Wine lot and Fruit lot. Each type of lot has a specific purpose in InnoVint.
- Fruit lots are vintage-specific lots to help you track your fruit from the vineyard to the crush pad.
- If you do not have the Advanced Vineyard Tracking feature activated, Fruit lots are the only way to track vineyard data in InnoVint. If you are measuring leaf water potential, brix, acid, phenolics, or any other analytics in the vineyard you will want to record them on the fruit lot to track maturity and for reference in the future.
- Fruit lots are the antecedents to your Juice/Wine lots and is how InnoVint ties compositional data to your received and processed fruit. They are also the only type of lot that receive tonnage (as opposed to volume).
- If you have the Owner-based permissions system activated in InnoVint, you can also track multiple fruit lots separately for different owners that source fruit from the same vineyard and block.
- Once your fruit is processed (via the Process Fruit to Gallons/Tons action or work order task), a Juice/Wine lot is automatically created, moving your fruit tonnage into the new lot in volume or weight.
- Juice/Wine lots track movements and data from the crush pad through to bottling.
- Juice/Wine lots are created when:
- A Fruit lot is processed to gallons or tons
- New clients onboard current on-hand inventory
- A facility receives bulk wine, juice, or concentrate