Every lot created in InnoVint references a vineyard and block source. Each vineyard is assigned an appellation, and each block within a vineyard is assigned a varietal. These attributes are tracked in your lot composition from vineyard to bottle.
This article covers:
- Adding new vineyards and blocks
- Adding unknown fruit sources (eg bulk wine, concentrate, distilled spirits)
- Adding non-grape fruit sources (eg apples, pears, berries, honey, etc)
- Editing vineyard and block attributes
To begin, click on in the left navigation bar to go to the Vineyard Explorer.
If you have the Advanced Vineyards feature activated, you can find the Vineyard Explorer in the left navigation bar or in the Vineyard Dashboard.
Adding new vineyards and blocks
Go to in the top right corner of the Vineyard Explorer.
1. Enter the Vineyard information
- Vineyard name
- Grower (optional) Select a grower from the dropdown list or create a new grower.
For more information on managing your Grower list, see this article in our Support Center.
- Appellation Select an appellation from the dropdown. This list is maintained by InnoVint. If you need an appellation added, please submit a request to our Support Team.
- Vineyard Address (optional)
- Owner If you have the owner-based permissions system activated in your account, select one or more owners to have access to this vineyard.
- Tags (optional) Create or select one or more tags for this vineyard
2. Enter Block details
- Block name
- Varietal Select a varietal from the list. This list is maintained by InnoVint. If you need a new grape or fruit varietal added, please submit a request to our Support Team.
- Clone (optional)
- Row count (optional)
- Spacing (optional) Enter the vine and row spacing and select a unit (feet or meters).
- Acreage (optional) Enter the total acres for the block
- Producing vines (optional) Enter the number of producing vines for the block
- Rootstock (optional)
- Trellising (optional)
To add more blocks to a vineyard, click on under the Blocks header.
After a vineyard has been created, additional blocks can be added at any time from the Vineyard details page.
Adding unknown fruit sources for bulk juice, wine, concentrate and/or distilled spirits
If you receive juice, wine, concentrate, and/or distilled spirits with unknown fruit sources, or you simply want to track a lot as bulk, we recommend creating new vineyards and blocks for the unknown components.
Since each vineyard in InnoVint must be assigned only one appellation, you can make your bulk wine vineyard as broad or specific as you like (The appellation list has options for a whole state, or you can select N/A). You can also create multiple bulk vineyards, one for each different appellation you might source from.
The blocks within a vineyard are assigned a varietal. Like appellations, varietals can be as broad or specific as you need. Here are some generic "varietals" currently available:
- Red Wine
- Other Red
- Unknown Red
- White Wine
- Other White
- Unknown White
- Rosé (will display with a red lot dot color unless the Lot Name contains the word "Rosé")
- Rosé Wine
- Unknown Rosé
For unknown concentrate sources or high proof alcohol, varietal choices currently are:
- Red Concentrate
- White Concentrate
- Distilled Spirits
Add non-grape fruit or honey sources
To add fruit sources other than grapes, you will need to activate non-grape raw goods in your account. Submit a request to our Support Team to activate Apples, Fruit, and/or Honey sources, and to add any additional appellations and/or varietals to our current lists.
1. Select the correct appellation when creating a vineyard
Make sure to identify the appellation for the specific type of raw good. The example below shows the appellation dropdown for an account with Grapes and Fruit activated.
2. Select the correct varietal when creating a block
Make sure to identify the correct fruit or honey for the type of raw good. The example below shows the varietal dropdown for an account with Grapes and Fruit activated. (Note: Apple is a Fruit option, but specific apple varieties are available with Apples activated.)
Editing vineyard and block attributes
Note: Changes to vineyard and block attributes change those attributes across all historical lots. For new plantings or grafting to new varietals, we recommend creating a new block to keep the historical data intact.
Go to the Vineyard Explorer and select a vineyard to edit from the list.
Edit vineyard attributes
- Click on the blue pencil in the top right corner of the Details card to edit:
- Vineyard name
- Vineyard address
- Click on the blue pencil at the bottom of the Details card to edit the vineyard tag(s).
Edit block attributes
From the Vineyard Details page, select a block from the Blocks card, or go to the Blocks tab at the top to select a block.
- Click on Edit in the top right corner of the Details card to edit:
- Block name
- Row count
- Producing vines
- Click on the blue pencil at the bottom of the Details card to edit the block tag(s).