Adding bulk juice, wine, concentrate and/or distilled spirits
If you receive juice, wine, concentrate, and/or distilled spirits with unknown fruit sources, or if you simply want to track a lot as bulk (without specified vineyard components), use the bulk component function available in the Add Lot screen.
By checking the "Bulk Component" box, you can create a lot using only vintage, varietal and appellation. InnoVint will not require a vineyard and block component to create a Juice/Wine lot with this method.
Lots created with bulk components can be blended with lots created using vineyard components with no restrictions.
- Varietals can be as broad or specific as you need. Here are some generic "varietals" currently available:
- Red - Red Wine, Other Red, Unknown Red
- White - White Wine, Other White, Unknown White
- Rosé - Rosé Wine, Unknown Rosé
For unknown concentrate sources or high proof alcohol, varietal choices also include:
- Red Concentrate
- White Concentrate
- Distilled Spirits
- You can also make the appellation as broad or specific as you like (the appellation list has options for a whole state, or you can even select N/A).
Have a component that is also non-vintage? See our article here for guidance on how to create a Non-Vintage lot or component.
The Composition tab of the Lot Details page will show like this for a lot created with bulk components:
The Lot Import feature does not currently support bulk components. You can still import bulk wine lots by creating bulk vineyards for your lot's vineyard components using this workflow.