The purpose of Topping is to fill vessels that have lost wine due to evaporation.
The Topping feature can be completed via:
- a task in a work order via the web interface or mobile app
- a direct action on the lot
An individual lot or multiple lots can be topped with the same wine within one task or action.
Any vessel type can be used for topping, and if you need to break down a barrel to complete a Topping task/action there is an option to add break down vessels.
The only difference between the Topping direct action and the Topping task in a work order is that the task in a work order allows cellar workers to choose which vessels to top with as well as add breakdown vessels. In an action, choosing the topping and breakdown vessels is left to the user entering in the action.
- Shows which lots were topped
- How much of the topping lot was used
- Which vessels were used for topping and any break down vessels added