This feature allows users to add location information to any vessel. Users can create an unlimited number of vessel locations or areas within InnoVint, then add location information to each vessel. Users can add multiple buildings (warehouse, barrel room, etc) and sub-areas within those buildings (Cold side, Bay 1, etc), and drill down locations to the exact vessel position (Aisle 15, Rack 4, Position 2). Alternatively, users can chose to track vessels by general location, such as "North Wall of Cave 1".
This article covers:
- How to Create Vessel Position Settings
- How to Create Vessel Locations and Areas
- Setting Individual Vessel Locations
- Track and Update Vessel Locations
- Delete Vessel Locations
- Vessel Location History
Note: We are actively developing this new feature to provide you even greater functionality. For now, it is only available on the desktop app, with a mobile aspect coming soon. See this document from our Product team, for upcoming releases, and please email firstname.lastname@example.org with feedback.
How to Create Vessel Position Settings
Users wishing to track individual vessel positions should set these parameters first.
- Go to the Settings tab at the bottom of your left-hand Navigation Bar
- Click on Vessel locations
- Select the best terms for describing exact dimensions for vessel positions in your winery
Note: You can't use the same term to describe more than one dimension (that would be confusing!). The system defaults to Aisle, Rack and Position, but you can change this at any time.
These terms will be used when you are setting the location on each vessel and select Track position.
How to Create Vessel Locations and Areas
The next step is to create locations and areas where vessels are stored.
Vessel Locations are the spaces that contain your vessels. You may consider your entire cellar a single vessel location. Or, maybe you define the east side of the cellar as one vessel location, and the west side as another. The smallest 'group' of vessels is a vessel location.
Areas and sub-areas are different (and entirely optional) - they contain vessel locations. For example, you may create an area named Warehouse, a sub-area named Warehouse - North, which contains a vessel location of Racks in Warehouse - North.
Users build the location hierarchy best suited for their winery. Users can set these locations to be granular or a high-level overview.
To create vessel locations and areas:
- Go to the Vessel Explorer Page
- Click on the Manage vessels button and select Manage vessel locations
- Click + Add vessel location to create new vessel locations, areas, and sub-areas
- Parent locations can be created first as 'Areas', then chosen from the drop-down when creating sub-areas or individual vessel locations
Users can view Parent areas and utilize the caret to see sub-areas.
Setting Individual Vessel Locations
Users can set the individual vessel location in two places:
- From an individual vessel details page under Attributes: Click the blue pencil next to Location to add a location from the drop-down menu.
- From the Vessel Explorer, click Manage vessels > Edit location on vessels to bulk update vessel locations for one or more vessel(s), selecting a location for each from the drop-down menu.
Track and Update Vessel Locations
Update a Single Vessel Location
- Go to the Vessel details page
- Click on the blue pencil by Location
- Choose a new Location from the drop-down menu
- Enter in a new location (if applicable) and Save
Update Multiple Vessel Locations
- Go to the Vessel Explorer > Manage Vessels > Edit Location on Vessels
- Select the Vessels to update
- Select a new Location from the drop-down menu to change or add.
- Click Update Location
View Vessel Locations
Locations can be viewed and exported from the Vessel Explorer. They can also be easily searched for using the location filter at the top. This location filter is also available on any vessel picker page.
Additionally, vessel locations are seen on any Vessel details page or on any Lot details page > Vessels tab. There is always an option to see specific positions by clicking on Show position.
Delete Vessel Locations
To delete general vessel locations, go to the Vessel Explorer page > Manage Vessels > Manage vessel locations > Edit vessel location > Delete location.
If there are vessels currently tagged with this location, users will see a pop-up indicating such. Users can choose to bulk delete the location for these vessels, or remove individual vessel from the location instead.
Users can bulk delete vessels from the Vessel Explorer Page > Manage Vessels > Edit location on vessels > Select the specific vessels you want to edit. Click the x to clear the location entirely, or choose a new location from the drop-down menu. Once all desired locations are changed or removed, users can click the "Update location" button to save.
Vessel Location History
Users can now see the history of where their vessels have been within their production space.
From the Vessel Details page, click on the "Vessel location history" link under History:
Users will see a pop-up with a history of everywhere this vessel has been located:
Vessel location history will be logged starting with the first location change submitted after 6/6/2022. If a vessel currently has location info on it, and you would like that recorded in the vessel location history, you can do a one-time mass-location-save:
- Go to the Vessel Explorer page
- Under the Manage Vessels drop-down, select Edit location on vessels
- In the vessel selector, select ALL vessels, or break up the vessel list into chunks if you have many vessels
- On the Bulk Update Vessel Locations screen, scroll to the bottom and click Update Location. Although no vessel locations were actually changed, InnoVint will save all selected vessel locations and will then populate the vessel location history.
Any vessel location tracking prior to 6/6/2022 will not be included in location history.
Q. When do I use an Area vs Vessel Location?
A. Areas are more general and individual vessels cannot be assigned/located to them. This feature is useful if your winery has different 'layers' of specificity.
1. Warehouse North
2. Warehouse South
Users cannot assign individual vessels to the ‘Warehouse’ as a location. It is a more general area to which Warehouse North and Warehouse South belong.
Vessel Locations is the specific place that your vessel lives. You may consider your entire cellar a vessel location. Or, maybe you define the east side of the cellar as one vessel location, and the west side as another. The smallest 'group' of vessels is a vessel location.
Q. Which reports/exports feature Vessel Location?
A. Users can currently find vessel locations on the Vessel Explorer export.
Q. Can I enter in a vessel position with a letter?
A. No, we currently support only numerical values. No letters or symbols may be used at this time.
Q. Can I give two different vessels the same position within the same vessel location?
A. Yes, in order to provide maximum flexibility, InnoVint allows users to assign two vessels with the same exact position (even though it’s probably not what’s physically happening).
Q. Can all member capabilities set and edit vessel locations?
A. Admins, Team Members, and Team Members Cannot Submit Work Orders can add and edit vessel locations, as well as change the Vessel Location descriptors in Settings. Read Only user cannot add or edit locations on vessels.