Plan and schedule incoming fruit in advance by using the Receive Fruit task in a work order.
Below we've outlined an example of how to create a work order template to plan incoming fruit via the Receive Fruit task, and we're taking it a step further by adding the Process Fruit to tons task to create a single work order to bring your fruit into your facility and process it into the appropriate vessels.
This tutorial will cover how to:
- Create a Receive & Process Fruit Work Order
- Complete & Submit a Receive & Process Fruit Work Order
Receive and Process Fruit via Work Order
Create the work order
- Enter the Expected time of arrival. The expected date is set when you select a due date for the work order at the bottom of the page.
- Choose to Create a new fruit lot code or to Receive Fruit on an existing lot.
- Enter the expected weight.
- To schedule other fruit lots that you plan to receive and record on the same weigh tag, click on + Add fruit lot under the Fruit lots header. Choose/create you fruit lot(s) and enter the expected weight.
Received fruit to process
- Click on Select lots to choose one or more lots to process at the same time
- InnoVint defaults to process the entire current fill of each Fruit lot. If you would like to retain some fruit from processing, check the box and enter the weight you'd like to leave unprocessed.
- Enter each step. Instructions are also optional.
- Click on +Add step for more
- Lot: Select or create you destination lot
- Vessels: Allow cellar staff to choose or select specific vessels
- Lot Stage: Will default to Processed
- Click on +Add fill to add more lots
- Archiving: Leave the box checked to archive empty Fruit lots. Uncheck this box to receive fruit in the future for a Fruit lot that is being emptied of its current contents.
- Summary: Double check the tons processed from your Fruit lot(s) and the total amount that is processed to your Juice lot
- Make sure to give your work order a title and assign it before clicking on Create Work Order
Tip: Receive and Process Fruit is a common work order combination during harvest. We recommend saving these tasks as a template for future reference.
Complete and Submit the Work Order
Receive Fruit task
- Click on Start Task
- Time of arrival defaults to the current date and time. Change this if necessary.
Weigh tag (Advanced Receive Fruit option)
- The weigh tag number will be generated by InnoVint up completion of the task.
- Choose your deputy weighmaster, if more than one at your facility
- Enter the truck license and trailer license, if you have it
- Enter Weigh Tag notes (optional)
- Enter your weighing groups
- Select your tare containers - or choose a custom tare container - which will update your tare weight.
- Enter the gross weight to calculate the net
- Click on + Add group for more weigh groups
- To receive fruit for additional fruit lots on the same weigh tag, click on + Add fruit lot under the Fruit lots header. Choose/create you fruit lot(s) and enter the weighing groups.
- Enter your weighing groups
- Double check your Net, Gross, and Tare weights for each fruit lot.
- Click on Complete task and print weigh tag
Process Fruit task
- Click Start Task
- Received fruit to process: Edit the weight to leave unprocessed if different from the requested amount
- Process to: Select one or more destination vessels and enter the weight for each
- Summary: Double check the tons processed from your fruit lot and make sure it matches the tons processed to your juice lot.
- Click on Complete Task
Click Submit Work Order
Please sign in to leave a comment.