This feature requires activation. If you wish to activate it please contact our Client Success Team at email@example.com.
This article covers:
How does it work?
The Sparkling wine production feature allows you to track all steps of the Traditional Method sparkling wine production process. After the base wine is made you can record actions for bottling en tirage, riddling, and disgorge, dosage and package.
Designate lots as Sparkling
To designate a lot as sparkling, simply check the Sparkling box in the Lot details page (or during lot creation). This will update the lot dot to include bubbles in it. 🥂
Creating new vessels: Tirage bins
To begin, go to the navigation bar on the left side of the page. Click on the vessel icon.
- Click on the Tirage icon.
- In the Vessel Code(s) bar, type in the code for each vessel separated by a comma or a space. Accepted characters include A-Z (all capital letters), 0-9, dash (-), and underscore (_).
TIP: If you have your vessels in a spreadsheet, you can also copy and paste the vessel codes into the text field (limit 100 at a time.)
- Next, select the bottle type that will be used for that particular group of tirage bins.
- Then, type in the capacity (# of bottles) for that particular group of vessels.
- Finally add any relevant tags, then click on in the bottom right corner.
If you have activated our Owner-based permissions system, you will have the option to choose one or more owners to view and access the vessel details. Dependent on how your facility operates, you can also choose to make vessels global (everyone can view and access) or set no owner (only Admins can view and access). To apply one or more owner tags you will first need to set up your owner permissions and add owners to your account. Of course, you can always come back and add owner tags later.
Setting sparkling tax class
There are now two new tax classes for sparkling wines: Sparkling - Bottle Fermented and Sparkling - Bulk Processed. To edit the tax class, reference our article here. Sparkling tax class selections flow through to the TTB 5120.17 report in Section A, column (e), line 2.
Setting sparkling stages
The new sparkling lot stages - En Tirage or Riddling - can be updated at any time from the Lot details page. See the article here for additional information.
InnoVint Traditional Method Sparkling Workflow
Q. Can I create Work Orders for sparkling actions?
A. No. Currently, you can only record these specialty sparkling actions as Direct actions.
Q. Can I use these actions to record the Charmat process?
A. The new Sparkling actions are intended for the Traditional Method workflow, to record the Charmat process we recommend the following steps:
1. Mark the lot as "Sparkling" using the check box in the Lot details page.
2. Record a Custom Action and change the title to "Charmat" or another indicator that the processes has started (additionally we recommend updating the stage to En Tirage). Alternatively, you can add these to Notes
3. Record an Addition action to add sugar and yeast to your tank
4. Record a Filter action
5. Record a Blend or Transfer action to add your dosage to tank
6. Record a Bottle action
- Set your tax class at any time that makes sense for your compliance reporting, but before recording the bottling action. If the volume is reported in Part 1, Line 1, Column A (On hand beginning of period, <16%) it will now move to Part 1, Line 22, Column A (Used for effervescent wine, <16%) and Part I, Line 2, Column E - BP (Produced by fermentation). During the following reporting period, this volume will be reported in Part 1, Line 1, Column E.
- Also, be sure to add any additional actions or steps that you use in your Charmat workflow and remember that you can utilize Tags and Notes to mark either the lot or specific tanks using this method.
Q. How do I record the Pét-Nat method?
A. Depending on whether you disgorge your Pét-Nat or not, here are the two options:
- If you do disgorge, we recommend following the Traditional Method workflow outlined above.
- If you do not disgorge, then we recommend the following steps:
- Mark the lot as "Sparkling" using the check box in the Lot details page.
- Record a Bottle action.
- Utilize Tags or Notes to mark the lot using this method
- Set your tax class at any time that makes sense for your compliance reporting, but before recording the bottling action. If the volume is reported in Part 1, Line 1, Column A (On hand beginning of period, <16%) it will now move to Part 1, Line 22, Column A (Used for effervescent wine, <16%) and Part I, Line 2, Column E - BF (Produced by fermentation). Once bottled, it will move to Part 1, Line 13, Column E.
- Also, be sure to add any additional actions or steps that you use in your Pét-Nat workflow and remember that you can utilize Tags and Notes to mark either the lot using this method.