The Rack action can be performed:
- as a direct action on a lot
- as a task within a work order
- as a work order in the mobile app
Either a portion of the lot or the entire lot can be racked in one movement.
As part of the Rack task, you can pre-select the receiving vessels, or you can have the cellar staff select the vessels on the floor. Pre-selected vessels can also be edited and removed or you can add more vessels if needed.
1. Select your lot from the dropdown or lot picker
2. Select one or move vessels to remove volume from
3. InnoVint defaults to remove the entire contents of each vessel. If you need to remove a partial volume from a vessel, adjust the value in the "Remove" or Ending Fill" columns.
4. Select a lot to rack into
- Retain lot code - to keep the volume in the same lot, but rack to new vessels
- Combine with existing lot - to move the volume into another lot that already exists (this creates a new blend)
- Create a new lot - to move the volume into a new, separate lot
5. Select one or more vessels to rack the volume into. Adjust the "Add" or "Ending Fill" columns as needed. You can also use dip charts to find the ending gallonage.
6. Select to save the lees to a different lot or not.
* To rack volume into multiple lots, click on + Add Lot under the "Rack to" header.
You can choose to Backdate the Racking if desired to a specific date and time.
The Rack and Transfer functions perform the same task and allow for the same movements, the only major difference being what terminology you are most comfortable with.
Both functions allow movements of lots from one origin to one or multiple destinations, with the option to move the lot from some or all of the original vessels. There also exists the option to maintain the lot code, combine with an existing lot, or create and new lot code, as well as to save or discard lees.