After processing, a juice bleed or saignée can be recorded on a juice lot. Saignée actions will automatically update the expected yield for a lot.
This article covers:
- Juice Bleed/Saignée Direct Action
- Juice Bleed/Saignée via Work Order
- Changes to Expected Yield
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Select your lot
- Select or create a destination lot, choose your vessel(s), and enter the volume added
- Double check the summary before clicking the button
- Select your lot
- Enter the volume of juice to bleed (i.e. remove from the lot)
- Select or create your destination lot, choose your vessel(s) and enter the expected volume to be added
Changes to Expected Yield
A juice bleed/saignée action will adjust your expected yield for that lot. See the example below.
Tip: To circumvent a change in expected yield due to a Juice Bleed/Saignée, we recommend using a Custom Action/Task.
Q. Can I saignée from only 1 tank if my lot is split into multiple tanks?
Yes... BUT! InnoVint will record the action as having happened on the entire lot. This is because we assume all vessels in a lot will be drained and pressed together. If you plan to keep the vessels as separate lots after primary fermentation, our recommendation is to transfer the contents of each vessel into different lots from the very beginning (i.e. record a Transfer action into a phantom vessel with a new lot code, then record a Transfer action back to the original vessel). Then you will be able to saignée them separately.
Q. If I saignée from a lot, will that affect my addition rates and calculations?
Yes, the saignée action will adjust the expected yield of that lot, therefore adjusting the addition rates per ton. These changes will only take effect after the saignée action has been recorded or the work order submitted. (Remember, a completed work order is NOT a submitted work order!)
After a saignée action has been recorded, you can also manually adjust the expected yield of the lot from the lot details page.