The Rack and Return action allows you to move one lot from its current vessels and return that lot into the same vessels within one action or task.
Note: The Rack and Return action does not allow multiple lots to be blended then returned to the same vessels. Go to this post on how to record a Blend and Return.
You can record a Rack and Return as a direct action or assign a Rack and Return task in a work order.
1. Select the lot from the lot dropdown or in the lot picker
2. Enter the holding vessel (optional)
3. Select the vessels to rack and return
- The ending fill should reflect the volume after the 'return'. If a vessel is now empty or partial, make sure the ending fill volume is equal to the volume remaining.
- Example: 6 barrels are racked and returned. Barrel 17HBCBBL011 is now empty. The ending fill shows 0 gallons remaining in that barrel. (Alternatively, barrel 17HBCBBL011 could have been left full, or left partial by adjusting the ending fill accordingly.)
4. Add any breakdown vessels
- The ending fill of the breakdown vessels should reflect the volume in after the lot has been 'returned'.
- Example: 2 kegs were used as breakdown vessels after the rack and return. From the example in Step 3 (above), barrel 17HBCBL011 started with 60 gal and is now empty. Now, 45 gal has been added to 2 breakdown vessels.
5. Select whether to save lees to a different lot.
- Lees volume can be saved to a new or existing lot, and additional vessels.
- Example: 8 gal of lees were added to lot 17-HBC-RED_LEES.