This article covers:
- Recording a water addition and no volume change
- Recording a water addition with a volume change
- Recording a water addition to tonnage
Water addition without a volume change
Water addition with a volume change
For a juice (undeclared) lot:
To increase the volume of your juice lot due to a water add:
- Record a Custom Action or add a Custom Task to a work order, or request a water add in a note within an action or task (see above)
- Record a Volume Adjustment, selecting 'Produced by Amelioration' as your reason.
For a declared wine lot:
To increase the volume of a finished, declared wine lot due to a water add:
- Record a Volume Adjustment to remove the required fill from the wine lot
- (Optional) Record a Custom Action (or assign a Custom Task in a work order)
- Record a Volume Adjustment to add the total gallons of the lot after the water addition
** Following these steps will report on Page 1, Columns (a), (b), and (c), lines 6 and 21, of the 5120.17 TTB Report.
Water addition to a lot tracked in tons (undeclared juice lot)
Water additions to fermenting lots can be recorded as separate Custom Actions or assigned as a Custom Task in a work order. You can also request a water add as a note on any action or task, for example within an Addition task. (See above.)
Recording a water addition as a custom action/task will NOT update the expected yield of the lot. To change the expected yield, go to the Lot Details page and click on the blue pencil beside the Expected Yield to open the pop-up.
** Following the steps above will report on Page 2, Part VII - in fermenters end of period (gallons), Column (a), line 1 - in fermenters (estimated quantity of liquid), of the 5120.17 TTB Report.