InnoVint manages all of the Dry Goods and Liquid Solutions that you add to your wine from fruit to bottle. This article will cover:
To set up your Additive inventory, select Additives from the left navigation bar.
Step 1: Create Additive Types & Products
- To add an additive, click the blue button in the upper right. "+ Add Additive"
New additive attributes
- Select the Type from our drop-down. If you do not see your type listed, select "Custom/Other".
- Give the additive a Product name, something descriptive that will allow you to identify it. If working with SO2, select if it is a dry, liquid, or tablet additive and the concentration, if applicable.
Custom Crush Clients: Each Additive added to an account requires a unique Product name. This system rule will prevent multiple clients at a facility from entering the same product name for an additive. (i.e. Two owners cannot both have an additive named Go-Ferm in the same facility account.) Contact an Admin at your facility for instructions on how to name your additives in InnoVint.
- Inventory Unit: how you want to track this additive in inventory, typically the unit in which you receive from the manufacturer
- Addition Unit: the unit you use to add this additive to your lots and vessels
Custom Units: If the unit in which you measure your additive is not included in the dropdown list, select Custom. This automatically sets your Addition Unit to the same. Using Custom units will deactivate the Addition Calculator.
WARNING: The Inventory and Addition Units cannot be edited once an Additive is created. To change the Inventory Unit and/or Addition Unit, a new Additive will need to be created in the account.
Default addition rate
- Enter an addition rate, if applicable. This can be edited or disregarded later within the Addition action if needed. You can also leave this blank if a rate is not applicable to your additive. Without a default addition rate, the additive calculator is deactivated.
Tip: For Additives with variable addition rates (e.g. acids, SO2, etc.), enter a non-real rate (ex. 0.0001) to keep the additive calculator activated in the Addition action. This can serve as an indicator that the rate is variable and is adjustable within the action to determine the calculation.
- (Optional) Enter any instructions to include in Addition tasks and actions when working with this additive. This can be edited each time this additive is loaded into an action or task.
Step 2: Add one or more batches per Additive
- From the Additive detail page, click Add Batch in the upper right.
New additive batch attributes
- Batch # either from the manufacturer or a custom internal code
- # of items the # of items received (e.g. how many boxes of nutrient, bags of yeast, etc.)
- Item size the weight or volume of one item (e.g. 10 kg for one box, 500g for one bag of yeast, etc.)
- Total InnoVint calculates how much additive you have in inventory based on the # of items and each item size
- Vendor, Carrier, Driver, and Purchase and Expiration dates are optional
Add the Batch using the green button on the bottom and you're now ready to make an addition using this Additive!